Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Updates

Hello everybody! :) I have a few updates for everybody:

@laura1247's sister received an email from Jeannie re waitlist. She confirmed the waitlist starts at approx 2400 (Yay!).

Somebody also asked about cameras at the Backstreet Boys events, and this is what Jeannie at Rose Tours had to say:

Yes, you can take cameras for still, NO video.
It doesn't matter what time of camera you bring on board.


Sofia also emailed me some info for first timers from Kim who went on the nKoTb cruise:

I'll try to help anyway I can :)

Your trip is in December & ours are in May so I don't know what the weather will be like for you. I'd imagine beautiful lol For us it was warm but not hot hot. Night time was a little cooler-one night I had a sweater on.


What to pack is the million $ question lol I'm assuming you're also going to have "theme" nights. What stinks is Rose Tours only releases what they are 1 month prior to the cruise :( Last year we had PJ night-Dress to Impress- & Wear All White Night You can participate if you choose to-you don't have to do anything you don't want. As you can imagine it got interesting lol PJ went from PG to XXR in seconds! Some woman pretty much wore nothing! Dress to impress was nice-I just wore a nice skirt and top-some girls had gowns on! White Night was hard, try finding a white dress lol

Most of the time girls wore bathing suits and cover ups during the day. And your hair will be all over the place haha There's a breeze the whole time.

The Sail and Sign card is very easy and dangerous lol When you check in you will give your credit card. Then they give you your room key which is your lifeline. You use this to buy anything and everything. If you want a drink-you give them the card-candy give the card and so on.

Soda/pop is not free. They have a special price where you can get so much for a certain price-me? I put it in my suitcase lol

You are on a different ship but I was told that they are kinda the same.
There's only 1 outlet in the room-so bring a power strip

There's no blow dryers in the room
[This is actually different for us--we do have hair dryers in the room!]
The rooms are small!

The bathroom is smaller lol

There's a very small safe

The phone in your room only calls other rooms

Cell phone won't work & if yours does it will cost! No lie-$20 a minute


The meet & greet! What everyone waits for!! Well it's very strict. You will not be able to bring anything with you..no phone..purse..camera..nothing. You will be in groups of 10--it'll last 3 seconds and you move on :( With 2000+ ppl they have to keep moving

You will be split up in group A or B..so when group A is attending a BSB event-group B will have free time The whole boat doesn't go to the same event at one time There will be 2 of everything [This is actually different for us--as confirmed by @ThatsWhatLiSaid in a email from Jeannie:

The detailed itinerary has not yet been confirmed.
The Backstreet Boys events in the showroom will not be split into groups.
The NKOTB had to perform everything 2 times in the showroom because it was a
full ship charter.
The Backstreet Boys is a partial ship charter.]

I suggest you don't try to "follow" the guys..you'll drive yourself nuts and you'll miss out on what the ship offers. We all did that last year-we watched for the NKOTB the whole time..this year I'm enjoying myself.

We all decorated our cabin doors! Made them like how our lockers looked in high school.

Have a great time :) You will love it!

I.M. over at the fan club forum suggested having a map like Frappr for everyone to sign in and place yourself on. I couldn't get Frappr to work, but I did find a similar map. It's located here. So, go place yourself on the map, and I'll figure out how to get it posted on the blog! :)

Oh, and if you hadn't already noticed, there is a countdown timer on the right side now, as suggested by @ThatsWhatLiSaid. :) Enjoy!

EDIT: I also received an email from Jeannie about Rose's question, "When we all booked, it mentioned everyone who booked before the 31st (which since it sold out, is all of us LOL) got entered into a drawing to get front row seats to a BSB event. When will we find out who won that?". Jeannie said, "Probably not until it gets closer but it has not yet been determined."

Hope this is helpful! :) Let me know if you have any more suggestions or questions!

13 comments:

  1. I have a feeling there will be a few things different for our cruise... For NKOTB there was over 2000 of them; for us it's 1200. Will they still split us into 2 groups? Who knows. Will they still group the photos into groups of 10? I hope not!
    I guess we have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lianne, I agree! That is also from the nKoTb's first cruise, so I imagine it'll be different for their second cruise too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just emailed RT to clarify. So I'll let you know what they come back to me with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have 1200 fans so its a bit smaller...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got a reply!

    Here it is:

    The detailed itinerary has not yet been confirmed.
    The Backstreet Boys events in the showroom will not be split into groups.
    The NKOTB had to perform everything 2 times in the showroom because it was a
    full ship charter.
    The Backstreet Boys is a partial ship charter.


    Thanks and have a great day,
    Jeannie Gearhart | Office Manager |

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! :) I'll edit the post to contain this info! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome,thanks for doing that Lianne and thanks for letting me contribute some janine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. does anyone know how much interacting around the ship the boys will be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. They will be at all the private events and will be on the ship all over so I am guessing a fair bit,I think that if everyone is chill and just goes with the flow the boys will come around during dinner and such or maybe come door to door.lol that would be interesting to see them that early in the morning.lol I know it won't happen but it would be interesting to see.

    Also I know things will be different for us on the BSB cruise than the NKOTB one but I think it's great Info just to have to see how it was on their cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you were wondering how to post the map on the blog... Just follow those instrctions ;P
    http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/bsbcruise/show_usages

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was on the 1st NKOTB cruise & Im on the next one...
    The guys walked around all the time :) You will not be sleeping much on the cruise!!And that's good cuz the NK's were knocking on ppl's doors all hrs of the night hahaha & morning haha
    They sat down w/ppl to eat,swim and just talk to you!
    With only 1200 ppl you guys will have an amazing chance for more personal time! You'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to mention that while cruise ship roaming rates are expensive they are NOT $20 a minute. Check with your carrier, but most cruise ship rates are $2.49 a minute.

    If you have a phone that has a constant internet connection like an Android phone or iPhone, please please please either turn off data roaming or look into a roaming data package before you leave. This will save you a really big surprise when you get your next bill.

    Texts are charged differently when you're roaming, even if you have a package. Again, check with your carrier.

    Also, be familiar with your phone's roaming indicator. Even when docked in Miami or Key West, if your phone is picking up the cruise ship tower, you will be charged roaming rates.

    ReplyDelete