Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Six Months!! :)

Hey cruisers!!

I can hardly believe the cruise is only six months away! So, in honor of this eventful day, let's keep a few things in mind...

The second payment is due July 1st, which is about three weeks away! Hopefully everybody is budgeting and is ready for the payment!

Waitlisters, don't lose hope! It seems that the calls will start soon after this second payment, as a few will probably drop out then!

Not that I need to tell you this, but since we are the peak of summer, it would be a great time to pick up a new bikini or some summer clothes! I know I'm keeping an eye out for anything that is super cute to wear on the cruise!!

Another thing to keep in mind is flights down to Miami, so if you haven't already booked, here's a few tips from the nKoTb Cruise blog concerning which airport to fly into:

Already looking at flights? You may have noticed that fares into Fort Lauderdale (FLL) tend to be cheaper than those into Miami (MIA). Rose Tours lists FLL as one of the airports to fly into, so it seems like a no-brainer to take the cheaper flight, right? Not always.

FLL is about 20 miles from the Port of Miami. MIA, on the other hand, is 6 miles. So what you save in airfare may be much less than what you spend to get to the port from FLL.

In a later post, I'll cover transportation options from either airport to the port, but in general, FLL is only a better option when the flight is more than $50 less than one into Miami AND you are traveling with a group. If you're traveling alone, it would need to be more than $100 less to save you money. Shuttles from FLL are available but many require at least two people to make a reservation. (You then have the added step of finding/waiting for your shuttle.)

If your friends are flying in at different times, or if you don't want the extra bother of reserving shuttles, taxis are the way to go. Taxis from FLL are about $75 + tip. If you've got 3-4 people sharing a ride, that could still make the FLL fare better. On the other hand, taxi fares from MIA are around $20.

Good luck booking!

[Taken from the nKoTb Cruise Blog]

2 comments:

  1. We'll be flying into FLL and staying at a hostel there the night before. Is anyone possibly wanting to share a taxi to Miami? Let me know! siberianduck@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am on the waitlist. If I do get a phone call, how much would I need available on my Visa. $700? I am not sure how much I need. Thanx to anyone that can answer my question.

    ReplyDelete