Thursday, September 9, 2010

THREE months!!!!!

Wow, cruisers!! Can you believe it?? We are only THREE months away from cruising with our Boys!! :) SO exciting!! I always know when it's the 9th of every month. I can forget to pay my rent on time (Oops!), forget to water my plant for Hort class (Surprisingly, it's still alive!), and forget my nametag at work (Oh well.), but I always know when the 9th is!

I honestly have not shopped for the cruise yet. Haha, hard to believe, huh? It's not to say I haven't looked at clothes or shoes for the cruise (I found a super cute white dress...if we have a white night, which is why I haven't bought it yet!), but I haven't actually bought anything. Now, I know I can't just wait around for the themes (though I wish I could!) since they won't arrive until two weeks before we cruise, but I just wasn't sure what to buy yet. To get a few ideas of what would be safe to buy, I checked out the nKoTb cruise blog and found this wonderful list (Thanks, Katie!! You are too amazing!!):

Safe Bets
  • Bathing suits
  • Beach/day wear
  • Flip flops/sandals
  • Sunglasses, beach bags, other accessories
  • Sail away party outfit (although many wore swimsuits to that)
Somewhat Risky
  • General evening dress - I'm betting on one generic "dress to impress" night, and even if it doesn't happen, you can probably wear such a dress elsewhere.
  • Something to wear for the photo op - Last year I bought a really cute dress before finding out our photo session was at 10 a.m. I felt pretty silly wearing it at that time of day but I did anyway. You don't get the schedule with enough notice to do much.
Don't Do It!
  • More than one evening dress - There were a lot of disgruntled cruisers who bought 3-4 hot dresses last year before themes were announced and were stuck buying more to fit the themes.
  • Anything with a theme in mind - I've come close to buying another white dress now because it was so hard to find white in April, but I figure as soon as I do, they'll decide to do pink night instead.
Most everyone will tell you that they overpacked for 2009. I only brought a carry on, and I STILL had more than I needed. In general, you'll need swimsuits, a cover-up, a couple tank tops and shorts, and your theme outfits.

[Taken from the nKoTb Cruise Blog]

Now, keeping that all in mind, what do you guys think? Have you purchased anything specifically for the cruise yet? If so, what have you bought? Let's discuss!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I´m still waiting to know the schedulle and stuff like that to pack, but since I´m going to Orlando de week before and the only moment I´ll be wearing swimsuits is at the boat, I´ll take one for each day and 2 more just in case. Of course that my faves are going to be there too.
    Also, as a traveller I recommend: try to bring only one pair of night shoes that may combine with everything and a pair for day. For the beach you´ll just use flip flops. What I do know is that at the night it can get chilli, so don´t forget to keep that in mind when packing.
    This is my first cruise and I´m becoming repetitive, but it´s also my birthday (Dec 9th...I love how you count the days til my bday lol )so I want it to be super special.
    Hope to meet you all soon!

    ps: I hope there is no white dress party, I tend to eat like childs and I tend not to wear too many white clothes lol.

    Tati.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a white dress just in case...it was cute & cheap so I had to get it! I also found the perfect dress for a Masquerade night, so I bought it too cuz it was cute & cheap! I kept my receipts so I will just return it if I am unable to wear it! Can't wait..less then 3 months away, waahoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still finding a bathing suit. My old one doesn't fit me anymore and I cannot find one that fits me the right way. At this rate, I might have to go without one, which sucks cuz I really would like to swim.

    As for other stuff, I already have quite a few pairs of sandals. However, I am going to hit another mall next week to buy one more pair in hopes of getting any end of summer deals.

    And this is something completely off topic but something that concerns me. Do we need any shots or vaccinations? I noticed that one of the stops of Cozumel, Mexico so I don't know if we need any shots. For the past month, I had meant to look into it but I no longer have a doctor and I have been super busy in life that I never had time to ask anyone. Anyway, if this is a health concern, maybe other people should look into it too before it's too late. Hopefully, it isn't too late for me neither. I am going to try hard this week to find an answer to this concern.

    I am looking forward to this cruise. I already bought my plane tickets last month while there was a super deal one. I only paid $344 Canadian dollars to go from Ottawa to Miami and back. Sweet deal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mel, I'll check into shots and/or vaccinations and let you know! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete